The Tests I Offer
The unique advantage of working with BODY MIND INSIGHTS is that you have access to both laboratory and in-house testing.
Any therapeutic intervention works best when the practitioner has a clear picture of your body’s state of health. Laboratory testing gives the practitioner information needed to formulate a detailed strategy and treatment plan and allows us to approach your concerns in an evidence-based manner.
The tests I use measure many markers in different media: saliva, urine, blood, hair and stool. Some tests can be carried out in our consulting room, and others in your own home upon receipt of the test kit with instructions. Some tests may require you to attend a specified laboratory or a local hospital – if this is not possible, your GP or nursing staff can usually assist.
Rest assured I resort to laboratory testing only when it is of practical value to your individual programme.
Whilst I focus on tests showing the level of competency of a given organ, system, pathway or gene (i.e. functional testing), it is always helpful to bring any results from your previous medical tests carried out by your GP to the consultation.
A wide variety of tests are available through Body Mind Insights. These fall broadly in the following categories:
- Digestive function tests (stool, blood)
- Microbiome tests and pathogen testing (yeast e.g. Candida, bacteria, parasites – stool, blood, saliva)
- Immune system tests (stool, blood, urine, saliva)
- Hormone tests, e.g. female and male hormones, stress hormones (blood, urine and saliva)
- Allergy / intolerance tests, e.g. food, pollen, and other irritants (blood or saliva)
- Toxic metal analysis (hair or urine)
- Nutrient level analyses, i.e. vitamins, minerals, essential fats (hair, urine or blood)
- Genetic profile testing (swabs)
- Phytobiophysics assessment (muscle testing / neurofeedback or galvanometer)
- BodyTalk / BodyIntuitive assessments (muscle testing / neurofeedback)
There are many other tests I can help you access, even if you don’t find it listed above. It is always worth enquiring about the specific test you require – I will do my best to find it for you and if not, I will refer you to a colleague or a doctor who can.